Baking or Buying The Best Birthday Cake In Singapore
There is the saying which says “have your cake and eat it.” In fact, cakes can be eaten at any occasion, be it a formal function or a casual visit to the coffee shop. Young and old equally enjoy a slice of cake in their hand or on a plate.
One of the greatest treats in life is to lay your hands on a delicious slice of chocolate cake which just melts in your mouth.
Chocolate Cakes In Singapore
One of the great wonders of this vast city is that you will always be able to find a place selling some of their traditional chocolate cakes. To make it even easier to land your hands on one of these treats is that they sell it by the slice as well.
Some of the favorite chocolate cakes in Singapore include:
- Dark chocolate cake
These cakes usually have a high concentration of cocoa and might even have a slightly bitter taste.
- Chocolate fudge cake
This kind of cake is a soft and fluffy cake which is moist. It also has a mousse-like consistency.
- Stacked chocolate cake
These are chocolate cakes with a high concentration, with a slightly dry top.
Baking or Buying?
When looking for the perfect cake for that special birthday, it is always a question of whether to bake or to buy. When deciding on which route to take, there are some factors to consider. Take all of these into account before taking the plunge.
Advantages and disadvantages of buying birthday cake
• You just walk into the confectionary and buy the cake of your choice.
• It is possible to provide about 24 people with a slice of delicious cake at under $25.
• Not time-consuming. Simply go to the cake shop Singapore, make your choice, pay and leave for home.
• You do not know what ingredients have been used in the baking of the cake.
• You are restricted to the types and designs of cake that the shop sells.
Advantages and disadvantages of baking you own birthday cake
• If there are people with medical conditions such as allergies, it is possible to choose ingredients which will not stimulate the allergic reaction.
• You are able to bake the cake according to your design and also experience a sense of self-accomplishment when removing the cake from the oven.
• Baking your own cake can be time-consuming
• You might have to buy extra decorations to convert your creation into the masterpiece you want
• Then, of course, something could go wrong.
How to make that perfect chocolate birthday cake
Birthday customised cakes have a special place in every home. It is essential to choose the correct ingredients when preparing to bake that yummy chocolate birthday cake everyone will enjoy.
Basic ingredients. Some essential ingredients necessary to bake your chocolate cake includes flour and sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
Choose one of the following milk options – buttermilk, almond milk or coconut milk.
Moist Chocolate Cake. There are some who love a moist chocolate cake, while others want their cake dry. If you’re going to bake a moist chocolate cake, the secret lies in the eggs. Egg yellows will result in a moist cake. Including egg whites will result in a cake with a drier texture.
- The Oven. When you are preparing to bake that perfect chocolate birthday cake, it is essential to have the correct baking conditions. The temperature of the oven and the length of baking the cake is important.
- Oven temperature. When baking your cake, maintain the temperature at 390oF. It is important to preheat the oven to ensure that when the cake mix is placed inside, that the oven is at the desired temperature.
- Length of baking. The length of time that the cake spends in the oven is critical for your success. If it is left for a too short a time, you will end up with a cake that is raw. If you leave it too long, the cake will be over-cooked and could even burn.
For more cool ideas on designing birthday cakes, check out the below video from youtube:
In conclusion, whether you want to bake you own birthday cake or buy a ready made cake from any of the cake shop, it is really that thought that counts. For more information on how to custom your birthday cake, visit https://temptationscustombirthdaycakes.carbonmade.com/about